Monday 25 March 2013

Blog Four...Passion unleashed...Dreams and Schemes

Canadian Music Week in Toronto. Surrounded by musicians and songwriters. Creativity pouring out the doorways. Inspiration and dreams bubbling over.   

I struggle to keep my bearings among all the talent.... young faces eager to show off their versatility.....seasoned faces burning with passion.

Seminars and showcases. Filled to capacity. Cramped hallways. Pencils and iPads. Sessions on the music business. Workshops on promotion and social media. Stories from the pros to fuel your muse. 

Nighttime streets alive with music. Venues overflowing. Fingers strumming guitars. Voices spinning song tales of love and life. Time evaporates.

I feel like I've filled up at an oasis.

So here I am. heading back home to Vancouver. Song ideas are sparking. Plans for promotion and marketing are circling round.

Ah, but what about Pat Pattison's course? I'm glad you asked. I managed to get week three done, but barely. Not enough time to listen to his lectures, so I just dived in with the quizzes and assignment. 

Does my lyric have the proper rhyme scheme and rhyme type? I can't be certain. But it does have a lot of passion. A lyric about passion....the hottest lyric I've ever written. Toronto, what have you done to me?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment